livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Non-Hybrid Seed sources

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Non-Hybrid Seed sources
  • Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2010 08:19:43 -0700

Baker Creek in Missouri is a start at http://rareseeds.com/ . Of course there
are many other sources, but as to which are best sources that may depend on
what kind of OP seeds you're looking for. I don't know of any GMO vegetable
seed anywhere other than some corn or soy varieties. The vegetable seed
market isn't big enough to justify the expense of GMO research. As for field
crops of corn, soy, canola, sugar beets, or cotton, they'd tell you if they
were GMO, since you'd have to sign legal agreements to even get them. Have
you looked at my list of 300 seed sources I sent to the list a while back?