livingontheland - [Livingontheland] Garden is started - late, but . . .

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Norma Sutton" <sweetspringfarm@gmail.com>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] Garden is started - late, but . . .
  • Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 18:54:45 -0400

I just started about 100 tomato seeds . . . a variety of about 80 types, and about 65 hot and sweet pepper seeds.  If half of them grow into plants I'll be swimming in them, but that's ok.  I have a goat/sheep (50 x 100)lot that I kept the animals in over the winter.  Lots of rich soil and straw on top.  Plan on making a opening and inserting my plants.  Will plant my other seeds there too.  This fall I'll pull out the potato and tomato plants (toxic to livestock) and turn the animals back in to utilize the garden "waste".  I've done this one time before and had a bumper crop, but then I lost my alternate paddock and had to make do for a couple of years.  More than one way to skin a cat!
Norma

--
visit our farm site at:http://www.freewebs.com/sweetspringfarm/

visit our stores at: