internetworkers - [internetworkers] NCTech4Good Conference uses Open Space Technology, drawing for Kindle Fire, and more ...

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Hallman, Judy" <hallman AT live.unc.edu>
  • To: Internetworkers <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] NCTech4Good Conference uses Open Space Technology, drawing for Kindle Fire, and more ...
  • Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 17:18:56 +0000

Last chance to take advantage of the $75 rate -- through April 27; after that, the cost is $125.

This year's NCTech4Good Conference uses a method called
Open Space Technology which invites participants to shape and help lead the event. In addition to the speakers already listed on the schedule, YOU are encouraged bring your own ideas about additional sessions that you would be willing to lead or co-facilitate. At the beginning of the day, all participants will be invited to make a brief "pitch" for their topic to the group. If you have an idea in mind, please post it in our wiki at http://nctech4good.org/wiki, but don't feel you need to have planned it to pitch a session at the conference. We really do welcome your ideas, be they big or small. To learn more about the method behind this madness, visit nctech4good.org/blog. We look forward to seeing you and hearing your ideas on May 4th!

Items for this year's drawing, during the reception, include
a Kindle Fire (full color 7" multi-touch display, Wi-Fi) and one free membership to NTEN. You must be present to win. For the reception, we'll have complimentary beer, wine, punch and some snacks.

Activities are planned to help out-of-towners get acquainted the evening before the conference. See Travel for details

People who attended past NCTech4Good Conferences have found good content and pace and lots of practical, usable information. The Conference Team is excited about this year's offerings, which include choosing a content management system, IT security,  fundraising, mobile-friendly site design, Google Analytics, and more. We look forward to seeing you at The William and Ida Friday Center in Chapel Hill, NC, on Friday, May 4!

More details and registration information at nctech4good.org.

Judy Hallman, for the conference team

  • [internetworkers] NCTech4Good Conference uses Open Space Technology, drawing for Kindle Fire, and more ..., Hallman, Judy, 04/26/2012