internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Contracting Companies -- Best Health Insurance

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Heath Roberts <htroberts AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Contracting Companies -- Best Health Insurance
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 09:26:45 -0400

I worked through Analysts International for a while, and had a choice
between 'maximum cash, but no benefits' or 'regular benefits, but less
money'. I chose the latter, and the healthcare insurance was basically
the same as what I've had at the two Fortune 500's I've worked for.
They even matched 401(k) contributions--just having a 401(k) was nice
since you can tax-defer so much more than with individual accounts
alone.

Anyway, I wouldn't count on their keeping me employed, but if I had a
job that needed me to work through an agency, I'd recommend them.

On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 4:33 PM, <cmccarthy1 AT nc.rr.com> wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> Do any of you have anything good or bad to say about the insurance offered
> by any of the IT contracting companies in this area?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Colleen

Heath Roberts
htroberts AT gmail.com