internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Anti-competition broadband bill killed again

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Thomas Beckett <thomas AT tbeckett.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Anti-competition broadband bill killed again
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 13:39:49 -0400

Good news, Mark! Thanks for keeping us up to date on the whole sick, mess.

Thomas

Mark Turner wrote:
Early this morning, House members defeated a last-ditch effort to put a moratorium on municipal broadband. It took a bunch of parliamentary maneuvers that I'm still trying to sort out, but the result is that municipal broadband is safe for another year.

Thanks to most of our awesome Triangle House delegation for recognizing early the value of municipal broadband. Reps. Hackney, Ross, Weiss, Luebke, Faison, and others were key to heading this off.

For political geeks wanting to know more, read the political maneuverings here:

http://www.markturner.net/2010/07/10/anti-competition-broadband-bill-killed-again/

Cheers,
Mark
www.markturner.net

Thomas A. Beckett "At the intersection of business & creativity."
828-713-1668 Hendersonville & Asheville, North Carolina
Law Offices of Thomas A. Beckett, PLLC <http://www.tbeckett.com>