internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Urgent! NC Senator Hoyle to slam door on municipal broadband internet AND Google Fiber this week!

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Mark Turner <jmarkturner AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Urgent! NC Senator Hoyle to slam door on municipal broadband internet AND Google Fiber this week!
  • Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2010 06:57:06 -0400

Good morning, INWers,

Today is the day state Senator David Hoyle (D-Gaston) will debate S.1209, his anti-municipal-Internet bill, in the Senate Finance Committee meeting at 1 PM. If you can make it to express your opposition it would go a long way towards protecting Google Fiber and other private-public Internet initiatives.

We have a chance to change North Carolina's ranking of 41st out of 50 for broadband service. Please call your senators this morning or show up at today's meeting. Thanks for your efforts to date!

--
Mark Turner
Bring Google Fiber to Raleigh

David Matusiak wrote:
I'm glad you guys understand this mess cuz it all sounds like
gobbledygook to me. Also, I love how they can temporarily (and
quietly) pull a proposal and then just keep introducing it (i.e.
"sneaking it in") again and again. Our government is so efficient
that we really outta have the Japanese automakers look at it as a
model for their operations.

  • Re: [internetworkers] Urgent! NC Senator Hoyle to slam door on municipal broadband internet AND Google Fiber this week!, Mark Turner, 06/01/2010