internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] how to stream audio from a website

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Lyman Green <lymang AT gmail.com>
  • To: scott AT scottboggsdesign.com, "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] how to stream audio from a website
  • Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 12:34:50 -0500

FYI: this worked FINE on Windows 7.  I use Firefox and it prompted me on what to use to open an m3u, I chose Windows Media Player, and it went fine.

On Sat, Feb 13, 2010 at 5:55 PM, Scott Boggs <scott AT scottboggsdesign.com> wrote:
Hey folks,

I just launched a website that has an audio file which should stream to the users. I read about .m3u files as a way to point to the mp3 file. This works on both a pc and mac that I test on so I launched the site with it, but it doesn't work on my client's (Windows Vista) machine.