internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Moving Questions

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Scott Chilcote <scottchilcote AT earthlink.net>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Moving Questions
  • Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 17:25:15 -0500

Thanks Jeanne.

I was hoping that Movin' on Movers were still in business. We used them for a local move several years ago and they did a decent job. They lost the glass door for a small cabinet, but that was the only knock.

Regarding the boxes that people post on Freesavers and Craig's List, I was about ready to write them all off. We have pounced on several "free boxes" announcements in the last week, but every time someone else got there first. There must be a phalanx of box takers haunting these lists! It began to remind me of when I was a teenager, calling radio stations when they announced money giveaways. Totally naive...

However, we lucked out yesterday evening. Someone we'd contacted too late called back to say that the person who came for their boxes couldn't take several of them. They had a whole lot left over, so now we're all set.

Thanks everyone else too.

Scott C.

Jeanne Moyer wrote:
Here are my recommendations.

Join Wake Freecycle. I see FREE boxes almost every day. Craigslist is another resource.