internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Clock ticking on a free NC-540

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Scott <catfather AT donpoo.net>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Clock ticking on a free NC-540
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 12:17:39 -0400

On Jul 31, 2009, at 12:08 PM, Tanner Lovelace wrote:

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 11:25 AM, Mark Turner<jmarkturner AT gmail.com> wrote:

"The Triangle Parkway will extend the N.C. 147 Durham Freeway south from
Interstate 40 for 3.4 miles to the 540 Outer Loop. A 2.8-mile piece of
the 540 Loop, originally built with tax dollars in 2007, will become
part of the toll road."

It looks like the commute of a lot of RTP employees is about to
change drastically.

Not only that, but they're eliminating the on/off-ramp from the Durham Freeway
to Alexander drive. This ramp is HEAVILY used and it's loss will be greatly
missed. What in the world are these people thinking?

Really?! I live in Durham (and have enjoyed the other thread!) by Sedwick Rd and Hwy 55. I use the TW-147 ramp at least 3-4 times a week to get onto 147 North and head into downtown Durham. Is removal of the ramp needed for construction of the toll road or are they just eliminating it to force people to use the new 540 connector?

--
Scott <catfather AT donpoo.net>
AIM: BlueCame1