internetworkers - [internetworkers] Providing diversions to at-risk kids

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Mark Turner <jmarkturner AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Providing diversions to at-risk kids
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 10:55:57 -0400

Hey INWers!

I'm a community organizer in my east Raleigh neighborhood and I'm looking for an organization that can help some kids out. There are kids growing up nearby in some rough, gang-infested neighborhoods that could use an occasional diversion, like going to a sporting event or other activity. Such connections can help keep these kids off the street and provide role models they wouldn't ordinarily get.

While I could contact individual organizations for tickets/seats myself, I was wondering if anyone knew of a non-profit organization that can facilitate getting tickets. This sounds so sensible that I'm sure *someone* out there is already doing it, but nothing comes to mind.

Any tips/links would be appreciated!

Cheers,
Mark

--
Mark Turner
www.markturner.net

  • [internetworkers] Providing diversions to at-risk kids, Mark Turner, 07/10/2009