internetworkers - [internetworkers] jQuery Fundamentals Class in Carrboro

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Rebecca Murphey <rmurphey AT gmail.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] jQuery Fundamentals Class in Carrboro
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 11:49:06 -0400

Announcing jQuery Fundamentals, a two-day class (July 29-30) at Carrboro Creative Coworking that will give you the knowledge you need to properly and effectively start integrating jQuery, the popular _javascript_ library, into your web development projects. Over the course of two days, you’ll learn the fundamental concepts of _javascript_ and jQuery and tackle real-world exercises to solidify your understanding of the language and the library.

http://www.carrborocoworking.com/content/jquery-fundamentals

In my work with jQuery beginners, I often find that the library is *so* easy to learn that it’s possible to skip over the fundamentals of _javascript_. With that in mind, we’ll start the class with a high-level overview of key _javascript_ principles, including concepts like logic, objects, variable scope, and closures. From there, we’ll move on to a thorough overview of the jQuery library—selecting, traversing, manipulating, effects, events, XHR (Ajax), and plugins. Throughout the class, we’ll focus on best practices for writing and organizing jQuery code for easy reuse and refactoring. Participants will leave the class as upstanding members of the jQuery community, armed with a solid understanding of the concepts of both _javascript_ and jQuery, and ready to start leveraging the library in their projects.

This class is aimed at beginning jQuery users, although intermediate users may also benefit from the more formalized introduction to the library this class will offer.

If you have any questions about the class, drop me an email -- I hope to see you there!

Rebecca

--
Rebecca Murphey Consulting LLC
Front-end architecture consultant