internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Wanna work in Asheville? Got radio?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Thomas Beckett <thomas AT tbeckett.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Wanna work in Asheville? Got radio?
  • Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 12:59:00 -0400

If you want to apply -- and definitely do -- talk to me before you interview.

Thomas

Childers.Paula AT epamail.epa.gov wrote:
I'm just the messenger - I saw this on the web and thought, hey, there
are bunches of folks on here who always talk about wanting to move to
Asheville, maybe they'd like to know about this. So here ya go. I don't
know much of anything else.
Cheers,
Paula

Job Opening - Community Radio/New Media Manager

The nonprofit Mountain Area Information Network (MAIN) in Asheville,
N.C. seeks a forward-thinking broadcast radio professional with strong
Web 2.0 skills to manage MAIN's low-power FM radio station and to help
design and develop MAIN's social networking portal for local and
regional community journalism. This portal is the digital hub for a
synergistic, multimedia platform to deliver community journalism over
the LPFM station and a local public access TV station.
Neighborhood-based production facilities and mobile broadband devices
are also planned as part of MAIN's Wi-Fi City network. This staff person
will play a central role in completing this community news network in
partnership with MAIN's executive director and IT staff. Superior oral
and written communication skills, the ability to work in a diverse
community, and a passion for community media are essential. Fluency in
Spanish is preferred but not required. Starting salary: $35,000, plus
health insurance and paid vacation. MAIN is an Equal Opportunity and
Living Wage employer. Send resume, cover letter, and minimum of three
references to: job AT main.nc.us No calls or walk-ins please. For more
information, visit: http://main.nc.us/spotlights/main-2.0-update.html

http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

Thomas A. Beckett, JD & MBA Business Law and Consulting
828-713-1668 Hendersonville & Asheville, North Carolina
Law Offices of Thomas A. Beckett, PLLC <http://www.tbeckett.com>