internetworkers - [internetworkers] VOIP and security systems

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Michael Czeiszperger <michael AT czeiszperger.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] VOIP and security systems
  • Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 16:29:51 -0400

Can anyone recommend a local security company that has systems which are compatible with VOIP?  The problem is the old-style security systems all work by dialing a phone, and their modems are unreliable with VOIP phone systems.  I hate to have to get a land-line just because of a brain-dead security system!

Michael Czeiszperger
Chapel Hill, NC

We thrive in information—thick worlds because of our marvelous and everyday capacity to select, edit, single out, structure, highlight, group, pair, merge, harmonize, synthesize, focus, organize, condense, reduce, boil down, choose, categorize, catalog, classify, list, abstract, scan, look into, idealize, isolate,  discriminate, distinguish, screen, pigeonhole, pick over, sort,  integrate, blend, inspect, filter, lump, skip, smooth, chunk, average, approximate, cluster, aggregate, outline, summarize, itemize, review, dip into, flip through, browse, glance into, leaf through, skim, refine, enumerate, glean, synopsize, winnow the wheat from the chaff and separate the sheep from the goats. -- Tufte