internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] FW: Virus Problem

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Jim Ray" <jim AT neuse.net>
  • To: <cmccarthy1 AT nc.rr.com>, "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] FW: Virus Problem
  • Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 15:42:40 -0500

When it takes 2 hours to wipe and reload, I had rather use that method than spending time searching for solutions that will fix a problem. Not everyone will agree with me; however, my methods are tried and proven over many, many years.

I load AVG for folks that do not want to buy a commercial version. My mom uses it. If it is good enough for mom, well, go for it.

As for the wipe and reload, we’ll do it for flat $149. Sometimes you can find deals on new systems, though, on par with repair costs

Besides, it is not way difficult to do it yourself. The method is what is most important, not who pushes the buttons.