internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Another idea from Star Trek becomes a reality

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Jim Allman" <jim AT ibang.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Another idea from Star Trek becomes a reality
  • Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 14:18:43 -0500

On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 1:39 PM, Michael Czeiszperger <michael AT czeiszperger.org> wrote:

That's a cute effect, but to me it looks more like synchronized, motion-controlled cameras in two locations. It might work something like this..

A camera operator in studio A (Wolf Blitzer is there) pans slowly left, and its "twin" camera in studio B matches the motion exactly. Camera B feeds its image (of Jessica Yellin) to some special-effects gear to add the happy glow effect, then forwards the image to studio A to be superimposed onto its feed. (Most likely studio B is a green-screen setup..?)

I see that they're keeping them pretty far apart, probably to make sure Wolf doesn't block her in the frame. I call shenanigans.

  =jimA=