internetworkers - [internetworkers] Wow... Obama's Technology Policy Paper is Awesome

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Susan LaBarre" <idodesignforchange AT gmail.com>
  • To: <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Wow... Obama's Technology Policy Paper is Awesome
  • Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 15:19:52 -0400

I'm so happy to see net neutrality as one of the cornerstones of Obama's technology policy. He really "gets it" when it comes to public access as a democratic right. He wants to create a new position of Chief Technology Officer for the nation. I'm hoping that the FCC will answer to that person and not be able to pull some of the consolidation crap they've unhinged on our media.

Below is the link to the PDF. It's 9 pages and very comprehensive. I'm so impressed!!

http://www.barackobama.com/pdf/issues/technology/Fact_Sheet_Innovation_and_Technology.pdf

We all know policy papers are idealistic... like budgets, they're wishlists. The key, of course is using that internet transparency so the public can keep his administration's feet to the fire and actually get these goals accomplished.

EARLY VOTING is open through Saturday in North Carolina at a location near your neighborhood.
You can look up polling places at this address:

http://www.voteforchange.com/?layout=8&state=NC&source=sem-fo-ev-google-nc-t8&gclid=CIenkYnVz5YCFQVxFQod3nso2g

Please vote!!

Susan

Susan LaBarre
Dappled Path Studio
Phone: 919-665-3392
Mobile: 919-656-2216
Email:  susan AT dappledpath.com
Web: http://www.dappledpath.com

  • [internetworkers] Wow... Obama's Technology Policy Paper is Awesome, Susan LaBarre, 10/30/2008