internetworkers - [internetworkers] Wanted: Open Source Java Jock

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Tarus Balog <tarus AT opennms.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Wanted: Open Source Java Jock
  • Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 16:02:39 -0400

The OpenNMS Group is in search of a talented Java developer to join our team. We maintain OpenNMS, an enterprise-grade network management platform that is 100% free and open, and we make money by selling support, consulting, and custom development.

Our business plan is "spend less than you earn" and we have been profitable for the last four years, so this isn't your usual startup situation where the VC money will be gone in a couple of months. We provide a vibrant and unique work environment along with health benefits and a 401K.

We are looking for someone with strong Java skills. Our build environment is Maven, and we rely heavily on Hibernate, Spring and other Java technologies. Experience with those as well as network management will help you get this job, although the latter is more icing on the cake than a requirement.

The ability to work to deadlines and under pressure is also a requirement but mainly for your well-being. If that is not something you are comfortable with then this job isn't for you. We're a tight knit group and we're also brutally honest. (grin)

The main office is located in Pittsboro, about 20 minutes south of Chapel Hill. In the first couple of weeks you will be expected to be in the office most days, but once you are up to speed you have the option of working from home several days a week if you want.

We also have clients in 18 countries, so while heavy travel is not a requirement for the development position, you will have the ability to visit our clients for certain projects, like our current large project which is based in Milan, Italy. It should not exceed three to four weeks a year unless you want it to (I'm writing this from Australia).

If this sounds like something you want to do, drop me a note off-list.

-T

P.S. Oh, I think the term is "principals only" - i.e. no recruiters please.
Tarus Balog, OpenNMS Maintainer Main: +1 919 533 0160
The OpenNMS Group, Inc. Fax: +1 503 961 7746
Email: tarus AT opennms.org URL: http://www.opennms.org
PGP Key Fingerprint: 8945 8521 9771 FEC9 5481 512B FECA 11D2 FD82 B45C

  • [internetworkers] Wanted: Open Source Java Jock, Tarus Balog, 08/11/2008