internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] what technology would you use to organize a school?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Gregory S. Hopper" <ghopper AT netanium.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] what technology would you use to organize a school?
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 14:21:43 -0400

Consider the Blackboard suggestion withdrawn! Moodle does look pretty cool.

Greg

On Jul 31, 2008, at 2:15 PM, Childers.Paula AT epamail.epa.gov wrote:

eeeeee! For a small, funds-limited new school with no paid technical
people, I would steer well clear of Blackboard. Proprietary software
that I hear is expensive, not well-documented, and not very
Internetwork-ian: check out their patent issues at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackboard_Inc . I went looking to learn
Blackboard once, and discovered the only way to do so is to pay
exorbitant sums for training classes. I don't think this is what Michael
is looking for at all.

Moodle.
Paula

internetworkers-bounces AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote on 07/31/2008 02:06:50
PM:

Blackboard seems to be something that many schools (K-12 as well as
universities) are using. My kids go to Enloe HS, and they use it
quite a bit there.

http://www.blackboardschoolcentral.com/encourageParental.asp has an
interesting screenshot. Click around for the other capabilities.

Greg