internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] wiki software

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Judy Hallman <hallman AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] wiki software
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 13:12:48 -0400

Michael Czeiszperger wrote:

We use Confluence:

http://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence/

CiviCRM uses Confluence -- http://wiki.civicrm.org/confluence/display/CRMDOC/Documentation+Home
It's very easy to use, and they have a good manual when you need it -- http://confluence.atlassian.com/renderer/notationhelp.action?section=all
It has good administrator functions and someone occasionally produces a pdf file for the CiviCRM documentation.

Two thing I don't like about wikis are the lack of organization and the screwy formatting commands. I prefer Drupal's book module, which forces a hierarchical structure. And formatting is easier in Drupal -- you can use HTML or a WYSIWYG editor (like TinyMCE).

Judy Hallman
From their API docs:

SOAP / XML-RPC interfaces
Confluence provides full web service interfaces for your applications or scripts to remotely update content, manage users, or administer individual spaces. For example, this allows your remote systems to publish reports or status updates to Confluence, where they become automatically viewable, searchable, and linkable. Each step of the journey is, of course, protected by Confluence's layers of security.

Michael Czeiszperger
Chapel Hill, NC | 919-619-0607
michael -at- czeiszperger.org

http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/