internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] The new iphones are here!

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Ron Thigpen <ron AT fuzzsonic.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] The new iphones are here!
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 14:49:27 -0400

I wouldn't mind one plan, and one provider that bundled those two features together. I just wouldn't want to pay twice for mobile data access.

From what I understand, Sprint may be taking this approach with their Wimax service. One account, one service, multiple devices.

Why is it hard to understand how this could be useful? Certainly there are other ways to get this functionality, but if a device I'm already carrying has everything it needs to provide this, why shouldn't I desire that it be enabled? It wouldn't be the primary purpose for buying the phone, but would add good value.

Besides, my laptop takes Express cards, not PCMCIA. And the antennas stick out, messing with how it fits in it's case.

--rt