internetworkers - [internetworkers] So far OT it may have come back around: a coast guard/navy question

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Greg Brown" <gwbrown1 AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] So far OT it may have come back around: a coast guard/navy question
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 15:09:17 -0400

I'm racking my brain here and google is little help.  What are the Navy and/or Coast Guard stations called that serve as radio relays?  I could have sworn they were "remote radio stations" or "remote relay stations".  I heard stories years ago about duty stations such as these that run skeleton crews of six or so who are isolated literally in the middle of nowhere for months at a time.  Does this ring a bell with anyone?