internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Yahoo Hates Internetworkers Response

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Steven Champeon <schampeo AT hesketh.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Yahoo Hates Internetworkers Response
  • Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 16:51:44 -0500

on Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 07:29:54AM -0800, Tom Caswell wrote:
> Just so I understand - the spam trap is tripping because I'm checking
> for mail from locations that have been marked as spam (Panera,
> interestingly only yesterday for me) and I'd be better served if I
> checked for mail from a different location (home) or I'm hosed because
> Yahoo has somehow marked "Internetworkers" as spam?

Erm, Yahoo! can hardly reject list mail based on where you're popping in
from. By the time you pop it, it's already there. But they can, and do,
reject mail using a variety of data sources, including SpamCop, in which
the particular IP for Panera was found. I'd have to see some of the
other messages that Yahoo! tagged as spam in order to figure out why the
others were. Hopefully, Internetworkers hasn't been marked as spam, but
stupider things have happened.

--
hesketh.com/inc. v: +1(919)834-2552 f: +1(919)834-2553 w: http://hesketh.com/
antispam news, solutions for sendmail, exim, postfix: http://enemieslist.com/