internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Destroying documents

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: burnett AT pobox.com
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Destroying documents
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 10:48:08 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 20 Jan 2008, Scott Russell wrote:

Hello INW people.

I have about 5000-10000 documents to destroy. I have a SOHO paper
shredder that handles about 7 pages at once.

If I have a box of documents, does anyone know where I can get them
destroyed in bulk? A local incinerator? A large capacity paper shredder?
Obviously I don't want to just drop them off with someone...

Noted today:

"Attorney General Roy Cooper and local sponsors are donating their time and resources to sponsor free scam jams and shred-a-thons across the state . You can learn more about identity theft and how to protect yourself at the scam jams listed below. Shred-a-thons are a perfect way to destroy old tax records, employment records or credit applications. You do NOT need to remove staples and paper clips from the documents. It usually takes about 10 minutes to dump the materials, sign a release and watch the documents shred."

Durham - Sat Feb 23, Friday Apr 18
Raleigh - Sat Mar 15 (2 locations), Apr 26
Chapel Hill - Apr 26

Complete post I saw:

http://community.livejournal.com/triangleites/700004.html

regards,
Steve Burnett

  • Re: [internetworkers] Destroying documents, burnett, 02/11/2008