internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] road runner 'non-existing domain landing service'

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Roger Austin <raustin3 AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] road runner 'non-existing domain landing service'
  • Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2008 11:05:06 -0500

Sarah Ovenall wrote:
I'm on Road Runner in Durham and I get a "server not found" error just like always.

- I was shocked this morning when I entered an erroneous web URL and a road runner web page pops up with search suggestions. 'powered by Yahoo search' with a cute link next to that says 'Why am I here?'. you click on that and you get:

<snip>

- notice you can 'opt out' of this 'feature'.

- my rr service comes out of greensboro. are other rr service areas experiencing this as well? I have sent off a complaint

I'm in Raleigh and I only get the server not found also. Greensboro
must have the enhanced version. It is a little hard to get upset
about this when so many other semi-secret opt out things keep popping
up. Frankly, I don't read much of what they send out so they could
have announced it and I would not have seen it since I delete most
marketing materials without looking at it.

--
Visit http://www.misshunt.com/ for fun and creative items including
the famous Clean/Dirty dishwasher magnet, now available in velcro.