internetworkers - [internetworkers] shameless concert plug

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Rowland Smith <rowland AT river2sea.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] shameless concert plug
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 13:48:10 -0500

My good friend Dave Tilley is getting back into organizing concerts in the triangle area. His first concert this year is:

An Evening with John Lilly and Jim Watson
Thursday Jan 31rst -- 7:30 pm
At the Hayti Heritage Center
804 Old Fayetville Road in Durham

In a Pre-Groundhog-Day Celebration of the music of Jimmie Rodgers
Advance Tickets $10 (purchased online at http://bullcityroots.org)

or $12 at the door

West Virginia's John Lilly will be in town Jan 31rst with Chapel Hill's own Jim Watson for an evening of early country music, old time string band music, honky tonk, Bluegrass and Americana and traditional folk music.

Seeing as how John and Jim are connoisseurs of the music of the legendary Father of Country Music, Mr. Jimmie Rodgers, we thought it might be fun to get these two gents together with their guitars and mandolins and their mighty fine voices to sing some songs from the Jimmie Rodgers canon. In addition to playing some songs associated with Jimmie Rodgers, they will also be playing and singing songs from the pen of Hank Williams, Charlie Patton, Bill Monroe, Lester Flatt & Earl Scruggs, Ralph Blizard, Hazel Dickens, Bob Wills and original songs as well. It should be a big time, so come on out!

Check out http://bullcityroots.org/ for more information.

Thanks,

Rowland