internetworkers - [internetworkers] InterNetWorkers website redesign

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: matusiak <dave AT matusiak.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] InterNetWorkers website redesign
  • Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 20:45:03 -0800

Hello INW crew --

Uzoma and I have discussed getting the InterNetWorkers Dev Group up and running again to perform a redesign for the website. Granted, we have not made much progress, but the idea came up several times and we agreed that we need new volunteers in the inet-dev group.

While shopping for new OS X software tonight, I came across a really neat looking site that I thought could be used as a fun example of how the INW site could be redesigned.

http://www.givegoodfood2yourmac.com/

That site is fun and appealing to me, but I doubt the INW site would want/need an exclusively food-oriented theme. Still I like how you can click on stuff and it does stuff. Yeah, that's cool. Heh.

It would be great to get suggestions from other members about how the site should be done and what features we would want to include. Our options run the gamut from off-the-shelf CMS to custom built site. What do you think would be cool? :)

I think the following would be great features to have:

- prominent, easy to use gathering announcements (both past and future)
- multi-user content posting/editing (so new folks can post gatherings/photos)
- updated Job Board page (oops, looks like old one has been taken offline)
- pull in archival photos & meetings pages (so they are actually accessible)
- general content revamp
- perhaps IRC-web client so anyone can chat in #inw via website

If you would like to get involved, then please subscribe: