internetworkers - [internetworkers] Problem with Outlook Contacts Folder

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Colleen McCarthy" <cmccarthy1 AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Problem with Outlook Contacts Folder
  • Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 18:12:43 -0500

Title: Problem with Outlook Contacts Folder

Hi Folks,

I had to do a hard shut down on my machine, and now when I click on the "To…"button to address email, I get a message saying that the

"address list cannot be displayed.  The contacts folder associated with this address list could not be opened; it may have been moved or deleted, or you do not have permissions.  For information on how to remove this folder from the Outlook address book, see Microsoft Office Outlook help."

When I show properties on the contact folder, I get a message saying that Outlook is

"Unable to display the folder.  Errors have been detected in the file C:\Documents and Settings\Colleen\Desktop\backup.pst.  Quit Outlook and all email-enabled applications, and then use the Inbox repair tool (Scanpst.exe) to diagnose and repair errors in the file.  For more information about the Inbox repair tool, see Help".

Have any of you ever run into this before? If so, what did you do to correct the problem?  I don't always trust the tips that I get from MS…

Thanks much!

Colleen

(h) 919.460.0641
(c) 919.349.4015

  • [internetworkers] Problem with Outlook Contacts Folder, Colleen McCarthy, 11/12/2007