internetworkers - [internetworkers] Home Repair -- Renovate Repair vs Pike's Home Maintenance

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Colleen McCarthy" <cmccarthy1 AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers@Lists. Ibiblio. Org" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Home Repair -- Renovate Repair vs Pike's Home Maintenance
  • Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 10:37:11 -0500

Title: Home Repair -- Renovate Repair vs Pike's Home Maintenance

Hi Folks,

Thanks for all the feedback when I was asking about vendors for outside home repair!  I'm going to limit the search that I went through to the bottom line.

I asked RenovateRepair and Pike's Home Maintenance to inspect my house for rotten wood, nail pops, dried caulk, and any other similar issues.  RR did a much more thorough inspection and gave me a quote for three items.  It was $398, and included replacing a fascia board (including taking down the gutter and reinstalling it), replacing one molding above a three-panel window, and calking the chimney. Their quote was less than the quote that Pike's gave me for the one item that they found, replacing the fascia board.  Pike's missing two of the three items was really unnerving…

Hope this helps anyone else who needs home maintenance.

Colleen

(h) 919.460.0641
(c) 919.349.4015