internetworkers - [internetworkers] Lawn Sprinkler Maintenance

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Tanner Lovelace" <clubjuggler AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Lawn Sprinkler Maintenance
  • Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 12:36:05 -0400

Hi folks,

When we moved into our house in 2002, the company that installed
our in-ground sprinkler system said they could maintain it for a yearly
fee. Not knowing any better we signed up. Unfortunately, they consistently
failed to unhook it at the proper time and submit the appropriate paperwork
with the City of Durham so that the city didn't want to fine us thousands of
dollars!

So, instead, we went with a local plumbing company on the "approved
list" of the city of Durham for inspecting sprinkler systems. (Brown Brothers
Plumbing) Unfortunately, we had to call them way too many times
to get things done and then this last year, they completely forgot about
us even after we had made an appointment.

So, now, what we're looking for is the following: We'd like to find a
company that we could pay (preferably not too much) that would
at the right time in the fall, come out and unhook the sprinkler
system, do whatever needs to be done to winterize it, *and* file
the appropriate paperwork with the city of Durham and then send
us the bill. Then have them come back in the spring and do the reverse:
hook everything up and send us a bill. Ideally, all this would be done
with minimal effort on our part!

So, does anyone have any suggestions for a company to do this service?
We don't really want lawn care, since we do that ourselves. Any suggestions
would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Tanner Lovelace
P.S. Yes, I realize it's highly unlikely we'll actually get to use our
sprinkler system again any time soon, but one can always hope
the drought goes away.

--
Tanner Lovelace
clubjuggler at gmail dot com