internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Vote Tuesday!

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Mark Turner <markt AT siteseers.net>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Vote Tuesday!
  • Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2007 14:00:09 -0400

Good news! You have until Saturday afternoon to vote during the The One-Stop Absentee Voting period:
http://www.sboe.state.nc.us/registeronesstop.htm
http://www.durhamcountync.gov/departments/elec/2007_Election/2007_One_Stop_No_Excuse.html

When they say "no excuse," they mean it! :-)

Mark
www.markturner.net

Lyman Green wrote:
I would like to but I neglected to register after moving to Durham (in
2005) and when I realized this (last week) it was too late already.
So I've mailed it but will not make the 25 days in advance of the vote
deadline. I am not comfortable going back to my old Wake County
voting place (in 2005 I lived in Morrisville and I remembered to
register there) even if it were legal (which I believe it is not).

I think there was something in Durham to vote on in 2006 but I recall
being busy and not addressing it then. This time, though, I am in a
neighborhood plastered with signs and I also wanted to be ready for
next year.

Lyman