internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] GoToMeeting equivalent for the Mac?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Judy Hallman <hallman AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] GoToMeeting equivalent for the Mac?
  • Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 15:30:14 -0400

I have a _little_ experience with ReadyTalk, but using PCs. http://www.readytalk.com/support/system-requirements.php
says it will run on Macintosh too.

We used ReadyTalk for a computer demo for the RTPnet Board and I used it to show a guy in West Virginia some Drupal stuff. You can also use it for just telephone conference calls. And the person in charge of the "meeting" can turn over the computer demo part to another participant's computer. It doesn't seem to be very expensive given that it can save a lot of driving time for real meetings.

I've seen several posts on the NTEN list from people who use and like ReadyTalk and nothing negative so far. NTEN uses it for their Webinars. That's how we got started with it. They occasionally have some free webinars. I tried it that way first. See http://nten.org/events/webinar
And ReadyTalk has some -- http://www.readytalk.com/web-seminar-series/#s385

You can also record sessions.

Judy Hallman, RTPnet volunteer
----
Gregory S. Hopper wrote:
Does anyone know of a service equivalent to GoToMeeting that will run on a Mac?
Thanks,
Greg

Gregory S. Hopper
CEO