internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Obtaining a PC for PFSense

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Lyman Green" <lymang AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Obtaining a PC for PFSense
  • Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 16:42:37 -0400

I will re-recommend Intrex, as I have for this kind of thing recently.
http://www.intrex.com

Their website has systems you can configure or purchase in
pre-configured setups.

They sell servers or alternately you could configure a
workstation/desktop to your needs for this.

They burn-test your system before delivery too.

I am using a gaming system from them I bought in Jan. '06 and I have
been very happy with it.

I have had dealings with the Durham store but I have heard others have
had good experience with the Cary store as well.

Lyman

On 9/21/07, Joshua Gitlin <josh AT digitalfruition.com> wrote:

> Hey Internetworkers!
>
> First sorry for the repost -- last time I sent this it didn't appear to go
> through. Sorry if this shows up twice!
>
> I have a client who needs a corporate LAN set up with three subnets, and I'm
> looking to set up a PFSense router to accomplish this task. Anyone have
> recommendations on where to find a good cheap (but reliable, more
> importantly) PC to run PFSense acting as a router? That will be it's sole
> purpose so I don't need anything too heavy duty, just something solid that
> will run consistently. Thanks!
>
> -Josh

It's not a secret headquarters its just my apartment!