internetworkers - [internetworkers] NBC Universal Drops iTunes- No Battlestar or Heroes

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Michael Czeiszperger <michael AT czeiszperger.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] NBC Universal Drops iTunes- No Battlestar or Heroes
  • Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2007 08:55:16 -0400

http://www.siliconvalley.com/ci_6770112?nclick_check=1

WIth no desire to pay for an entire cable TV connection, the current broadcast television shows I watch such as Battlestar Galactica and Heroes at $1.99 an episode.  From what I read, NBC wanted to raise the price of an episode to $4.99!  What the hell are they thinking? I don't know about you, but the occasional 1/2 to an hour TV show is a little expensive already at $1.99, and $4.99 is just ridiculous.

NBC also wanted even *more* copy protection limitations as well.  With the music from the Universal Music Group gone as well, there's now much less available on iTunes.

I guess my only option now will be rent the episodes in a couple of years on Netflix.

Now that my entire music collection is on iTunes I've been purchasing a lot more music.  On the occasion I come across a CD that's not on iTunes, the hassle of having to purchase it somewhere else and then wait for its arrival usually means its not worth the it.

Michael Czeiszperger
Chapel Hill, NC | 919-619-0607
michael -at- czeiszperger.org