internetworkers - [internetworkers] Job in the mountains: [Fwd: Lab Escape Needs People]

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Thomas Beckett <thomas AT tbeckett.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Job in the mountains: [Fwd: Lab Escape Needs People]
  • Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 16:48:58 -0400

- -------- Original Message --------
Subject: Lab Escape Needs People
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 16:20:20 -0400
From: Trevor Lohrbeer <trevor AT labescape.com>

We're currently in need of new people at Lab Escape. This e-mail
contains details of some of the employees & contractors we need. If you
know of anyone who matches these criteria, please have them contact me.
While we're ideally looking for someone in Asheville or willing to
relocate for these positions, we are searching nationally.

The position we have an immediate opening for is:

- Lead Java Software Engineer

We're also actively looking for the following contractors:

- Java Programmer With GIS Experience
- J2EE Web Programmer

And while we don't have the job descriptions and requirements yet, in
the next couple months we'll be looking for:

- Director of Marketing
- Sales Engineer

Full descriptions for the programmers and lead engineer are included
below. Thanks for any help/recommendations you can provide.

-- Trevor

Lead Java Software Engineer
Are you an exceptional Java engineer who can stand up to the challenge
of multiple design constraints and create innovative, elegant solutions?
Do you enjoy working in small teams and leading the development of new
products? Do you want to work with incredibly bright people and
transform how people work with data?

Lab Escape is a rapidly growing enterprise software company that sells
visual analysis tools to Fortune 500 firms to help managers and
executives make better decisions. With a portfolio of products built on
a common visualization platform, we’re looking for an experienced,
driven software engineer that can take our products to new heights.

Responsibilities:
o Create elegant designs that stand the test of time
o Help define new features and products
o Lead and mentor our developers
o Optimize and debug code
o Implement and deliver quality, tested code on time
o Develop key technical specifications

Required Qualifications:
o 3+ years of desktop/applet Java programming experience
o 7+ years of software development experience
o Solid understanding of Swing
o Intuitive understanding of object-oriented architecture
o Full lifecycle software development experience
o Exceptional problem solving and attention to detail
o Strong motivation and ability to work independently

Bonus Qualifications:
o AWT Java 1.1 development experience
o Custom Swing component development experience
o Web application development experience (J2EE, ASP.Net, PHP, etc)
o Understanding of test-driven and agile development methodologies
o User interface design and usability design experience
o Aspect-oriented programming experience

Telecommuting is possible, though local candidates and candidates
willing to relocate to Asheville, NC are preferred.

About Asheville, North Carolina
This position is located in Asheville, North Carolina, nestled within
the Blue Ridge Mountains. Known for its abundant natural beauty,
friendly atmosphere, wealth of year-round outdoor activities and lively
local arts and music scene, Asheville is consistently chosen as one of
the top places to live in the country. A rapidly growing technology
industry, a mild climate and a high quality of life make Asheville an
ideal location to live and work.

Java Programmer With GIS Experience
Lab Escape is looking for an experienced Java programmer with GIS
experience to add geographic mapping capabilities into our visual
analysis software. Experience with GeoTools is a plus. This is a
contract position for 3 months. Development firms with relevant
experience may apply. If interested, please contact Trevor Lohrbeer at
resumes AT labescape.com.

J2EE Web Programmer
Lab Escape is looking for a J2EE programmer to add capabilities to our
Heat Map Explorer Enterprise product, a J2EE-based heat map reporting
tool. Experience with JavaScript or AJAX is a plus. This is an ongoing
contract position. Development firms with relevant experience may apply.
If interested, please contact Trevor Lohrbeer at resumes AT labescape.com.

- --
Trevor Lohrbeer
Lab Escape, Inc.
www.labescape.com

E-mail: trevor AT labescape.com
Phone: (800) 921-3623 x702
Support: support AT labescape.com

- --
Thomas A. Beckett, JD & MBA Business Law and Consulting
828-713-1668 <http://www.tbeckett.com> 919-824-5696
Authentication instructions: <http://www.tbeckett.com/verification.html>

  • [internetworkers] Job in the mountains: [Fwd: Lab Escape Needs People], Thomas Beckett, 07/02/2007