internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] security goons at TigerDirect in Raleigh: "No, thanks!"

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: David Minton <dminton AT mindspring.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] security goons at TigerDirect in Raleigh: "No, thanks!"
  • Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2007 14:16:47 -0400

On 5/31/07 5:24 PM, "Magnus" <magnus AT trilug.org> wrote:

> What most people don't know, including the people checking the bags,
> your compliance is not required. The moment you paid for your goods,
> they became yours. They no more have the right to inspect your bag now
> than they would to turn out your pockets.

While this may be the case, I believe they have the right to refuse to sell
to you in the future. As a private business, they have a right to decide who
they want to do business with, as long as it is not a civil rights issue
(denying service to a class of people, rather than on an individual basis).

If I am wrong, I am sure I will soon be corrected ;-)

David