internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] old mattress

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Jim Ray" <jim AT neuse.net>
  • To: "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] old mattress
  • Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 14:29:20 -0400

Landfills

Wake County's North Wake Sanitary Landfill and South Wake Transfer Station
are the drop off spots for rocks, building materials, or most other items
that cannot be collected as part of regular weekly curbside garbage or yard
waste collection services by City of Raleigh crews. These materials can be
taken to the sanitary landfill or transfer station listed below for
disposal. There is no charge to Wake County residents provided that the
materials are taken in a non-commercial, single axle vehicle. Multi-Material
Drop-Off facilities are also located at the landfill and transfer station to
accept used oil, tires, white goods (appliances), computers equipment, some
electronic equipment, and many other items for recycling.

North Wake Sanitary Landfill:
Deponie Road, Raleigh 919-870-4345. Directions: from I-440 Beltline, take US
1 North/Capital Boulevard north to Durant Road. Turn left on Durant Road.
The landfill is approximately 4 miles down on the right. Hazardous waste may
not be disposed of in landfills under state law.

South Wake Transfer Station:
Feltonsville 919-387-2126. Directions: from I-440 Beltline, exit US 1 South,
take it to US Hwy 55 (Apex exit). Turn left on Hwy 55. The transfer station
is approximately 5 miles down on the right.
For a listing of other disposal and recycling convenience centers operated
by Wake County, please contact them at 919-856-6186.

Of course, matches and gasoline would be more fun :-)

Regards,

Jim

Jim Ray, President
Neuse River Networks