internetworkers - [internetworkers] AV or electronics stores with Display Headphones

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Alex Wilson <alex AT awstudios.net>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] AV or electronics stores with Display Headphones
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 13:47:17 -0500

Hey all. I'm in the market for reliable, comfortable over-the-ear
headphones. Had a gift card to the Apple store, so I tried the Bose ones
they had on display which were okay. I ended up buying a pair of Sonys
(cheaper elsewhere, but I had the GC) that got good reviews, though I
couldn't try them on before I bought them. They sound great, but are
terribly uncomfortable on my head, so I'll be returning them.

I'm not an audiophile, so this is mainly a comfort issue. Are there any
stores around here that let you try on headphones before you buy? I admit I
haven't been into a Best Buy or Circuit City in a while. Do they have
display phones in Now! in durham? Or can anyone recommend a higher end AV
store?

Thanks.

Alex.

--
http://www.alexwilson.com

Out now: http://www.alexwilson.com/findmywork.php
"Outgoing" - SF novelette - Asimov's Science Fiction, February 2007
"Persistent City" - comic - The Florida Review, Fall 2006