internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Google's RSS Viewer

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Lance A. Brown" <lance AT bearcircle.net>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: internetworkers-bounces AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Google's RSS Viewer
  • Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 10:52:25 -0500

Childers.Paula AT epamail.epa.gov wrote:
> Lance, would you elaborate on what you mean re: LJ and protected
> entries? I wasn't aware that ANY outside service would allow one to read
> LJ protected entries, regardless of paid/free status, unless you first
> authenticate to LJ in some way. Do you know of a method to integrate
> this? (I am a paid account user)

*grin* As a matter of fact, I do. CHeck out
http://community.livejournal.com/howto/40882.html for the juicy details.
Basically, someone wrote an S1 style that generates RSS. You set that
style to be trusted, set up your friends you want to aggregate in your
default view for you friends page, and then call a customview URL with
the style number. Gotta be a paid or permanent LJ account to get access
to the style engine, though.

--[Lance]

--
Celebrate The Circle http://www.celebratethecircle.org/