internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Internet Explorer 7

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Scott Boggs" <scott AT scottboggsdesign.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Internet Explorer 7
  • Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 17:02:07 -0500

As a web toddler, I found IE6's non-CSS compliance incredibly frustrating, and have been subsequently resentful that MicroSoft would go so long without updating it, leaving most of the world using a non-modern browser.

I had very low expectations on IE7, but have been suprised. I think its UI design is very space efficient and fairly intuitive once you get used to where things are. Their Developer Tool Bar plug in is very cool, and has some features that FireFox's does not yet have. Generally, pages seem to display in IE7 as they do in FF.

I wonder if anyone knows if IE7 is geared for CSS 2.0 or 2.1?

Regards,
Scott