internetworkers - [internetworkers] Need Help Testing our Global Warming Website

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Susan LaBarre" <idodesign AT earthlink.net>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>, <tripug AT lists.tripug.org>
  • Cc: Judy Malone <judymalone AT nc.rr.com>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Need Help Testing our Global Warming Website
  • Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 05:58:08 -0400

Hi Folks,

We could really use your help. Our global warming website is nearly ready to
go public. I did the HTML and design for it and the PHP was built by one of
this list's developers.

We've gone as far as we can go for now on our product ordering system, which
is phased over several views and loops back if the customer orders multiple
designs. I know the messaging needs more tweaking and we definitely need a
status bar for the photo uploads. The last corrections were made this
afternoon and I've already encountered some PHP errors. It's clearly not
ready; two of us broke the site too quickly. We first have to make sure the
code is solid before we get into L & F beta.

Sorry, no test cases. The best thing is to go up and try to buy different
combinations and see how it breaks.

I wish I had a budget for testing. I plan to enter the email addresses of
those who complete our feedback form into a drawing for a free custom T
shirt. The POD house is Cafe Press so their base prices are practically
retail... it would be financially prohibitive to gift everyone who helps
test. We'd be so grateful for any help in getting this out the door. We've
already gotten purchase inquiries from as far as Australia, but the ordering
system isn't quite ready for global business.

Below are the site and eval form links (the feedback link is also in the
footer nav bar of each page as well).

Thanks in advance for your kind and supportive help with this. There's
plenty of room for comments on the form. If you see a better way to do any
of this or can suggest efficiencies and enhancements for the next phase,
please do. We eventually hope to find some way to automate everything, but
that's a later phase. We got to walk before we can run ^_^

Susan LaBarre
The Global Warming Is Personal Campaign
Putting a Family Face on Global Warming!

Site: www.globalwarmingispersonal.net

Evaluation Form: www.globalwarmingispersonal.net/feedback_beta.html

  • [internetworkers] Need Help Testing our Global Warming Website, Susan LaBarre, 09/30/2006