internetworkers - [internetworkers] video on the web workshop

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Carol Thomson <cthomson AT firestreammedia.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] video on the web workshop
  • Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 10:26:19 -0400

I am teaching a 2 day workshop at Duke's Center for Documentary Studies and I am looking for a few more people to fill the class. Details below.

Carol

Carol Thomson
FireStream Media, LLC
919.683.1100

Documentary in the Digital Age:
Publishing your Video Documentary on the Web
Instructor: Carol Thomson

Saturday, Sept 30 and Saturday, Oct 7
10am - 5pm

You have your short video doc finished and you want it to be seen. The Internet is one way to reach an unlimited audience, but you are not a Webmaster and you don’t know where to start. Learn the basics of preparing video for the Web, loading video to a Web page, and establishing a low-cost Web presence. On Day One we will discuss video compression, creating HTML, and putting your files on the Internet. Video formats include QuickTime and an introduction into Flash video. On Day Two, you will bring in a short video clip on an external drive (six minutes or less, ready to import in Final Cut) and will then compress the video, create the HTML to display it using Dreamweaver, and publish it on the Internet. If you do not have access to your own Website host, a temporary host will be available. Experience with Final Cut required. Please bring a bag lunch.

http://cds.aas.duke.edu/courses/constudiescurrentpast.html

Register here: http://www.learnmore.duke.edu/documentarystudies/classlist.asp

  • [internetworkers] video on the web workshop, Carol Thomson, 09/27/2006