internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] funny bumpersticker

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: esther-l AT mailsnare.net
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] funny bumpersticker
  • Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 16:51:33 +0000

Multiple causes do astroturfing. I heard a radio interview with newspaper
editors months ago where they mentioned the nearly identical letters to
editor that newspapers had been getting in support of legalizing marijuana.

The editors knew it was astroturfing, and discussed it with editors from
other newspapers. I suspect that not many of those astroturf letters got
printed.

The bumpersticker I have my eye on: Lying takes the fun out of politics.

Esther