internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] funny bumpersticker

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Tony Spencer <tony AT tonyspencer.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] funny bumpersticker
  • Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 17:22:09 +0100

Title: Re: [internetworkers] funny bumpersticker
I don’t believe #1 but I do believe everyone including Kerry agreed that Iraq had WMD’s and Hussein needed to be removed by force.
I don’t think things are going great in Iraq but I have spoken to a few doctors returning from the battlefield who have treated quite a few Iraqis and they all say that the situation is going well on the whole and while the Iraqis certainly don’t like westerners in their country they absolutely do not want us to leave.

On 9/21/06 4:59 PM, "Michael Czeiszperger" <michael AT czeiszperger.org> wrote:

On Sep 21, 2006, at 11:44 AM, Lance A. Brown wrote:

> It amazes me how many folks are still strongly behind him.

The reason is they have a different set of facts than the rest of
us.  If you go and read the right-wing blogs, they believe:

1. Iraq had a connection to 9/11 and had WMDs.
2. Things are going great in Iraq.
3. The attacks in Iraq are all by Al-Qaeda, and the people there love
us.

This is mostly attributable to Fox News, which leaves one with the
impression that these are the official positions of the Bush
Administration.  I've posted on conservative blogs, and the strange
thing to me is people believe #1 even though the official reports
from the administration say otherwise.

My impression is that the Bush Administration's main supporters are
religious conservatives, who are more interested in supporting one of
their own, and thus don't notice that the administration's policies
aren't actually conservative.

Michael Czeiszperger
Chapel Hill, NC
michael AT czeiszperger.org