internetworkers - [internetworkers] Peoples Channel Open House

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "uzoma nwosu" <uzoma.nwosu AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Peoples Channel Open House
  • Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 14:33:59 -0400

Hey, some of you may be interested in this. The director is planning
on moving the channel in a new direction full of classes on blogging
and other bits of technology. I know that he would love it if some of
us could make it to this open house...

uzoma

OPEN HOUSE AND LOCAL MEDIA SHOWCASE

AT THE PEOPLES CHANNEL

September 8, 2006 from 6pm-9pm

Food, music, prizes and local media – discover the public resources
available at the Peoples Channel!!

Join the Peoples Channel (TPC) and discover the wealth of resources
and opportunity available at the Open House and Media Showcase: Friday
evening, September 8 at Chapel Hill's only community media center
located at 300AC Elliott Rd., Chapel Hill, NC.

Everyone who comes will receive free bumper stickers and an
opportunity to enter a raffle for a compilation CD from our local
music library, free classes and free media supplies!

Free station and studio tours will take place from 6pm-8pm, following
which the Peoples Channel will broadcast a live feed from 8pm-9pm.
We'll have live music from local artists, plus screenings of local
videos and multimedia project. The open house is free to all.

Attendees will have the opportunity to explore the work of local
multi-media artists, learn about volunteer opportunities, and discover
how to take advantage of the classes, training, and facilities
available at the Peoples Channel – Chapel Hill's only public access
channel and local community media center.

Are you interested in learning animation? Are you an educator who
would like to involve your students in media literacy or training? Are
you a member of an organization who wants to explore new ways to reach
out to the community? Come see what The Peoples Channel has to offer.

The Peoples Channel is broadcast on Cable Channel 8 in Orange County.
It strives to provide the means and promote the opportunity for ALL
area residents to exercise free speech through media production and
distribution of cable television programming – regardless of age,
gender, orientation, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, or
financial situation. Our motto is first come, first serve, First
Amendment!

For more information, contact us at tpc AT thepeopleschannel.org or call
(919) 960-0088

www.thepeopleschannel.org

  • [internetworkers] Peoples Channel Open House, uzoma nwosu, 09/06/2006