internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Converting LPs to CDs

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Roger Austin <raustin3 AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: raustin3 AT nc.rr.com, "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Converting LPs to CDs
  • Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2006 22:02:51 -0400

Roger Austin wrote:

I ordered one of the USB turntables. I need something that will
fit in my computer area. I have the stereo in the living room
where it would be very uncomfortable to put computer equipment.
I want it all nice and compact so I can dump LPs to disk while
I'm working.
Thanks for all the input. I'll let you know how it works.

I guess I can not leave y'all in suspense any longer on this one.
The big brown truck brought my turntable this week and I have just
started playing with it. So far, I am happy as a clam. It all worked
as published and I have had no problem other than trying not to
bounce it when I was playing the Frankie Yankovic polka album. It
is hard to keep yourself from bouncing, it's just too much fun.
I had some issues I using the Audacity software to get out the
pops and nits. The Wanda Landowska harpsicord boxed set was a
real bear. It had all kinds of pops since I couldn't find my
parastat. My sweetheart had packed it away and she knew exactly
where it was after I asked. I spent a lot of time cleaning up the
audio and got them burned to CDs. Two hours of Bach is now in the
can.
This thing isn't a work of art and it looks like cheap plastic,
but it works exactly the way I want it to work. It will allow me
to have a nice compact system to get a thousand or so albums
copied over when I can get to it.
Does anyone have any experience on the Audacity software. I have
tried a few of the menu items, but I haven't been adventurous in
trying all the items. Some sound like I would need an EE class to
operate properly.
Thanks, Roger
--
Visit http://www.misshunt.com/ for fun and creative items including
the famous Clean/Dirty dishwasher magnet, now available in velcro.