internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] DVD Burners

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "John Broome" <jbroome AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] DVD Burners
  • Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 20:34:22 -0400

On 8/22/06, Roger Austin <raustin3 AT nc.rr.com> wrote:
I plan to add a DVD burner to my new system soon. This is a
Lenovo desktop on XP Pro. I plan to buy an internal burner
although an external USB burner might be an idea if the
speed is high enough to backup my special lady's old system.
Anyone had any bad experiences with brands and models that
they would be willing to share?
Anyone had experiences with USB DVD burners using 2.0 and 1.1
USB?
Anyone out there have any opinions on backups for home systems,
burning old VHS tapes to DVDs? I can't wait to have a DVD of me
doing the twist at Christmas in 1960 again (and again.)

Any of the IDE dvd burners out now should be fine. lite-on, plextor,
etc. I don't have any experience with the usb external burners.