internetworkers - [internetworkers] Roland synthesizer help needed

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Carol Thomson <cthomson AT firestreammedia.com>
  • To: internetworkers <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: lcollingridge AT gmail.com
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Roland synthesizer help needed
  • Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2006 16:04:01 -0400

I'm posting for Lorna... Please reply directly to her. -Carol

I am composing music for a documentary and also for a CD-ROM. The composing bit is not hard because the music that is needed is very simple. However, I am trying to record it on a Roland Fantom X8 synthesizer.

I need very specific help, in multi-tracking with synth files and audio files - I am recording voice and acoustic guitar (line-in) as well as synth sounds. Then I have to save it as a .wav file to be dropped into final cut.

I have read (a million times) the handbook and the tutorials on line from Roland, and talked to Roland techies but I am not making progress fast enough.

I would be happy to pay for someone to show me the things I cannot do as yet, or I would also be happy to attend classes if anyone knows of classes anywhere in the vicinity.

Thanks

Lorna (lcollingridge AT gmail.com)

  • [internetworkers] Roland synthesizer help needed, Carol Thomson, 08/08/2006