internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] compare BBC FOX CNN WSJ and New York Times for news bias and write your own slanted story

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Michael Czeiszperger <michael AT czeiszperger.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] compare BBC FOX CNN WSJ and New York Times for news bias and write your own slanted story
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 10:19:02 -0400

On Jun 29, 2006, at 10:03 AM, Childers.Paula AT epamail.epa.gov wrote:

interesting that the site places the WSJ to the right of FOX.

That's due to the WSJ editorial page...

The problem with these games is that "left" and "right" have become code-words for Democratic Party and Republican Party, and have less and less to do with philosophy. "Conservative" becomes whatever the Bush Administration decides to do this year, rather than any

"We are all capable of believing things which we know to be untrue, and then, when we are finally proved wrong, impudently twisting the facts so as to show that we were right. Intellectually, it is possible to carry on this process for an indefinite time: The only check on it is that sooner or later a false belief bumps up against solid reality, usually on a battlefield."
-- G. Orwell