internetworkers - [internetworkers] List Server Suggestions

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: David Minton <dminton AT mindspring.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] List Server Suggestions
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 17:12:51 -0400

I was curious as to what people were using for distribution only List
Servers for sending email newsletters and the like. Would anyone have a
suggestion for one that can:

- track opens and click-throughs
- provide reporting
- automatic bounce process
- send HTML and text messages
- allow users to set preferences from links in the footer of messages
- run on Linux

The lists we are looking to server are not huge--most are around 10,000
subscribers.

So far I have reviewed a few dozen, and they all seem to have some failing
(or are junk), or are super expensive. I don't mind paying up to a few
thousand dollars for an application that will do what I need.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
David

  • [internetworkers] List Server Suggestions, David Minton, 06/28/2006