internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] FW: Tri-XML 2006 looking for speakers

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Mitch Amiano <mitch.amiano AT agilemarkup.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] FW: Tri-XML 2006 looking for speakers
  • Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 18:31:25 -0400

Others may have the same question, so I'm posting back to the list...
This is the 4th year for the conference, scheduled for July 27-29. The theme this year is "XML in the Flow."

The conference began in 2002 as a result of a lunch meeting between myself and Kay Ethier, program manager of the Tri-XML interest group. In keeping with the idea of Tri-XML as being a peer-to-peer knowledge sharing forum, the conference tries to provide practical advice from people actually using XML. We are fortunate to have participation by a number of industry experts, including Jonathan Robie, Wendell Piez, and G. Ken Holman.

In 2002, the rate was very low - so low that people had trouble convincing management that it was worth attending. This year, the rates reflect a compromise: The top Premium Rate is $650 (register by June 1, $750 after that) and includes an iPod Shuffle and CM Pros membership;
Regular Rate is $450 (register by June 1, $550 after that) - for all three days (sorry, no iPod Shuffle or CM Pros membership)

The compromise being the following:

If you attended prior years, you get $100 off the Premium Rate _for each prior year attended_, up to $300 off.

... and the special student poster rate:

If you are a college student and wish to provide a poster on an XML related topic, technique, software project, etc., a limited number of people who submit posters can register for $50 (register by June 1, $100 after that). That is not a $50 discount but $50 for all three days.

Finally, speakers can attend all three days of the conference without charge.

I hope I've presented the details correctly - but I wanted to send you a more personal reply than just the prepared conference notice.
More details, including a register link, are available at http://www.trixml.org/confindex.shtml

If anyone is interested in speaking or getting the student poster, please feel free to contact me.
Note that the rates are going to go up as of June 1 in the middle of next week.
So if you're interested don't delay.

Regards,

Mitch Amiano
Fellow Instigator
Tri-XML 2006

Colleen McCarthy wrote:
Hi Mitch,

This is the first that I've heard of this event. Could you please post some
information on it?

Thanks!

Colleen

Colleen McCarthy, BSMT, BSEE, MBA, PMP